Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Monday September 12, 2011 -- L96 with NS 3317 leading

At the tail end of my two week vacation I had one more Monday off.  I had been out in the morning and saw L96 with the power shown.  Eariler in the week I had noticed that Norfolk Southern had a pair of the Wheeling and Lake Erie engines in town so I headed out in the afternoon hoping the train I saw earlier in the morning might have that locomotive leading.  No such luck.  Here is a photograph of L96 returning to Fort Wayne from SDI at the East end of Spencerville Siding (County Road 68).  It was a warm and partly sunny afternoon.

1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Years ago as a young man...trains were my favorite transportation. Using my thumb was the other.
I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.